Park Associati are launching the second edition of their call for applications for young designers offering Park Hub, the exhibition area within their Milan architectural studio, to those wishing to propose their work to the international public of the upcoming Milan Design Week, which will take place from 21st to 26th April 2020.
The call aims to promote a vision that investigates the relationship between design and contemporaneity. The great political, social and cultural changes that are taking place globally are the starting point for an analysis that aims to renew the connection between spaces, objects and people. This also offer the opportunity to give an interpretation of the emerging needs, customs and relationships. Therefore, the observation of private and public contexts opens up the language of design to new perspectives: a criticism tool that strikes a balance between tradition and technology, analysis and creativity.
Participation is open to design students and young designers from around the world who have not yet turned 30 by 31st December 2020.
Applications will also be accepted from groups whose members fulfil the terms regarding the admission age.
The participation to the competition is free.
To take part in the call for applications, the following digital documentation is required:
- portfolio including a selection of the candidate’s works (no more than 6 pages, in pdf format optimized for video viewing);
- description of the project that is the object of the call, together with a preliminary proposal of installation (no more than 2 pages, in pdf format optimized for video viewing).
The documentation, in either Italian or English, must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 p.m. of Friday 20th December 2019.
The material for participation is available to candidates and can be downloaded directly from the Milan Design Week Call section of Park Associati’s website: www.parkassociati.com/designweekcall
AWARD AND EXHIBITION
The exhibition of the winner project will take place at Park Associati from 21st to 26th April 2020.
Park Associati is offering to the selected designer:
- A total expense reimbursement of € 2.000;
- Hospitality for two people from 18th to 27th April, for the preparation stage and for the Milan Design Week;
- The exhibition space at the office’s premises, located in the Porta Venezia district, one of the most important ones of the Fuorisalone circuit;
- A press presentation and a presentation event of the project;
- Communication of the event through Park Associati’s digital and social channels and printed promotional material, and the inclusion in an official guide of the Salone del Mobile fringe events.
The winning designer (or a representative from the design group) must undertake to be daily present at the office during the exhibition period from 21st to 26th April 2020.
The costs of installation and dismantling operations of the exhibition, as well as any production cost related to the work are payable by the designer.
Applications will be assessed by a jury that will comprise Filippo Pagliani and Michele Rossi, partners at Park Associati, Alexia Caccavella, interior designer at Park Associati and two external members: Annalisa Rosso, Director of Icon Design, curator and co-founder of Mr Lawrence and Mario Trimarchi, designer.
The selected project will be announced on Park Associati’s website on 31st January 2020.
The designers retain at any time the copyright and remain the owners of all intellectual property of the project presented. The designers grant Park Associati unrestricted user rights in respect of publications, press and advertising activities. No liability whatsoever, not even third party claims, can be assumed by Park Associati.